Monday, February 9, 2009

Sunday Reflections

Yesterday was another mind blowing, heart thumping day for Life Church Franklin. We saw our largest gathering to date, people's lives being revolutionized by God and so much more.
The thing I love most about it for myself is that it's not me. It's because of me that Life Church Franklin exists. It is God working through his Word and his people to lead them and others to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
My prayer today it that God takes away me and replaces it with Him. I just want to see him glorified, not me. I want to see people's lives changed because of him, not me. I want the words I say be in love and of him, not me.
For those of you who are at LC Franklin right now let me just say that the best is still to come. If we will accept that the church doesn't exist for us, but for the world, then I believe God will honor that and bring more people for use to reach with the Gospel of Jesus.
I pray you are excited about what is to come and worshiping him for all he has already done. We can worship because one person came to know Christ yesterday. We can worship because many others affirmed and proclaimed that they believe Jesus is the savior of the world. We can worship because God's Word was planted in the hearts of many children yesterday through LifeKIDS. We can worship because God is using ordinary people, like me and you, to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ.
We can worship because He is God and we are not.
Don't let yesterday's worship slip for your heart. Worship him for these and so many more reasons.
P

No comments: