Wednesday, April 29, 2009

There will be pain

"The space between hope and change is pain." - Pastor Steven Furtick (Elevation Church)

Yesterday I had the amazing opportunity to share 8 hours in Charlotte with 150 other pastors and the staff at Elevation Church. There was no frills, no lights, no music...just a boat load of practical and heart/vision challenging info. Frankly, I am still recovering from all I learned and heard.

Specifically, Elevation's Lead pastor, Steven Furtick, said something that really struck me. He mentioned that quote above. It was sobering and scary to me. I thought about it all the way home last night. Am I willing to endure the pain it takes to go from hope to change as God moves and works in my life? No one wants to endure pain. Pain stinks. It is scary and draining. For me, I am working through understanding and accepting that there will be pain as I pray for huge things at Life Church Franklin. It's not going to be easy, but it's all worth it.

So for you...are you willing to endure the pain to work from hope to change in your life? It might be your marriage...your finances...your kids. Whatever it is, I am praying for you right now. I pray you will endure the pain to see and make the change God will bring.

P

3 comments:

steveharrison said...

saw this quote yesterday and as I have reflected on it I need to let this burn in my heart...I need to move out of my comfort zone into His greater presence which is where He wants me to be...I ask myself...how can I better serve the Father? Lord I am ready to endure the pain to be changed...move me there...

Elizabeth said...

Boy oh Boy! I hear you! We trudge along forward trying to follow and then are hit...sometimes hard and fall and it hurts...only to be picked back up with His hope and we are back on our way. Until...No Pain! No Gain!

Elizabeth said...

did you get my comment?