Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Helping Hands

I am reading “Live to Make a Difference” by Max Lucado. It is an inspiring call to action in desperate times. Several lines struck me as I read and think of the many that are in need and the many that our reaching out to meet the needs!
“No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.”
“It all began with an honest look and a helping hand. Could this be God’s strategy for human hurt? First, kind eyes meet desperate ones. Next, strong hands help weak ones. Then, the miracle of God. We do our small part, he does the big part.”

We have so many “helping hands” at Life Church that take the time to do a small part so that he can do the big part! I look back over this summer and the lives that have been touched through mission trips, the outreach team, volunteers, life groups lifting one another up, carrying each other through death or hurt... The list could go on as I reflect on how the church reaches out to be his hands and feet. I am humbled as I see our church body give and serve and blessed to be a part of it all!

God uses ordinary people to do the extraordinary! (Acts 4:13) I know for some of you stepping out and meeting the needs of others is a bold step! Pray about what God wants you to do to be bold to do the extraordinary!

Have a great week,
Lisa Hanna
LifeKIDS Coordinator
Life Church Franklin

No comments: