Monday, September 8, 2008

Do We Have "it"?

I think we have "It" at Life Church Franklin in many ways. I would like for us to get "It" in other ways.
What is "it"?
First, I am referring to Sunday's message from Pastor Craig Groshel entitled "It". It was a great message. It spoke directly to the local church. Basically, the question is: "How can churches get "it and keep "it"?"
There is no cut and dry answer and "it" is really something we could talk about forever ( I promise not to on this post!). I believe in addition to God's Holy Spirit guiding and directing us, we are building a strong sense of commmunity at Life Church Franklin. We are building relationships centered around Christ, not around a Bible study or choir. (I have nothing against Bible study and choirs. Those were just the first 2 things I thought of.) But, seriously, it's about Jesus. It's about leading people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. Many people are lost and dying with the hope and knowledge of Jesus as their Savior. That should be what's important. Not what new "thing" we can build or program we can start at church.
Folks, my heart it to see a local church so passionate about sharing Christ that we barely spend time in the four walls of our church building. I believe God is asking more of us than to keep feeding ourselves all the time.
We have to keep breaking free of our consumer Christian ideas and mentality and find ways to speak and show God's love and truth to others around us who don't know Him.
As an active partner with Life Church Franklin I hope this is your heart and the thought of leading more people to know Christ in a real, intimate way excites you and keeps you motivated.
So, do you have "It"?
P

No comments: