Monday, December 15, 2008

Prayer

Sunday began week one of the "Prayer" series. Here were the main points from the teaching from Craig:
TALK TO GOD...
...WITH GUT-LEVEL HONESTY.
...ABOUT EVERYTHING THAT MATTERS TO YOU.
...CONTINUTALLY.
...AND LISTEN FOR HIS RESPONSE

The older I have gotten the more I realize how much God wants me to know Him and have a deep relationship with Him. The only way to have a meaningful relationship with someone is to talk to them. That's what prayer is. It's about talking to God through your day and moments. Worshiping Him, thanking Him, asking Him, repenting to Him, seeking Him, finding Him, etc...

Lets not look at prayer as a chore. It's not about a right and wrong way to do it. the bottom line is just do it. Do it often.

This is a great reminder for me in my prayers:
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:6

Patrick

No comments: