Monday, December 1, 2008

Thoughts from Sunday

Yesterday was the last week of "Practical Atheist". Craig asked us if we really knew God. Some many people say, "Yah, I believe in God", but the question is really do you know Him? Do you call Him your Savior, your Lord, your Father? Does His Holy Spirit burn inside of you? There's a lot of empty words floating around in our world today. People left in right say they believe in a high power, or God.
God wants us to seek Him. To look for Him in everything. To ask Him for direction. He wants more than words.
I am a communicator. That's the way God made me. I am good with that, but I realize more and more everyday that empty words are just that...empty words. He wants our words to be full of His life, truth, love and glory.
So I ask you today. Do you really know Him. Ask Him for more of Him in your life. Ope your eyes and heart and see Him at work around you and in you.
He wants more than the occasional word or profession of faith. He wants you to know Him.

Patrick

No comments: