Monday, June 27, 2011

LifeKIDS with Lisa

Proverbs 11:25 A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.
This verse makes me think of those that serve in our church! I don’t know about any of you, but I always feel refreshed when I see Life Church happening on Sunday morning!! It is exciting to see God at work from set up, worship, LifeKIDS teachers and kids growing closer to our creator, host team, Patrick teaching.... every aspect just amazes and renews my spirit! I think of a line in a song “Renew a right spirit in me”!

“ Refresh Others”’
This Sunday Patrick spoke of renewing and refreshing, and most of us experience this through taking a break either at work for a bit of time or even for an extended time through vacation. We are to rest in him daily though! He is the ultimate refresher and renewer! Mark 6:31 says “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest“ It is in the word! Take some time to rest and be refreshed so we are ready to refresh others!! I never thought of it in this way! I do need to rest, and this is why!

Those who serve in the church do give of their time for others!!!
LifeKIDS is all about “others”. We strive to serve others by pouring into the lives of the kids, and at the same time allowing others to become fully devoted followers of Christ! Our LifeKIDS schedule is ideal with being able to be a part of corporate worship for 4 weeks and then serving with the kids for two weeks. Although, I do hear from some of our volunteers that they sure do miss the kids in between their volunteer days!

We have many opportunities to refresh others and I know when you do, you will in turn be refreshed and renewed yourself!!

Looking forward to seeing you Sunday,
Lisa Hanna
Life Church Franklin
LifeKIDS Coordinator

No comments: