Monday, April 11, 2011

LifeKIDS with Lisa

So last week I opened one of my devotions and found this: Just as God guided the Israelites through unknown territory, He will guide you and me, too.
"Then you will know which way to go, since you have never been this way before."
Joshua 3:4a (NIV)
That was so appropriate for our move week! I knew God would show up and take care of everything but my flesh kept wanting to “worry” about the details of the unknown! This was a great reminder!!!

This week one of my devotions was as follows :"Then King David went in and sat before the LORD and said, 'Who am I, O Lord GOD, and what is my house, that you have brought me thus far?'"
2 Samuel 7:18 (ESV)
Have you ever been in a place of "thus far?" A place where you are experiencing God's blessing and favor on your life. Not blessings and favor by the world's standards of materialism and wealth, but by the Lord's standard of provision, protection, providence, and peace that come from walking in His presence daily.

Both spoke of circumstances we are walking through as a church and of course me personally! I just love how He is always speaking to us in so many different ways!

Overall, I think things went very well for our first week! It was wonderful being able to set up on Saturday, but I know that will be a bit challenging this Sunday AM! I have heard some great feedback on the adult experience and LifeKIDS!

After church I was able to be part of leading a child in prayer to Christ! That was a wonderful time for all involved and I felt so blessed!

Every volunteer was so willing to help and go over and above what is normally asked of them! A great big thank you for all those that helped to bring it all together!!! We are planning for two Easter services (9:00 & 11:00) so that will be my focus for the next few weeks!

Have a great rest of your week,
Lisa Hanna
LifeKIDS Coordinator
Life Church Franklin

No comments: