Monday, September 21, 2009

Distractions

Before yesterday’s Sunday worship experience I experienced what I would call distractions. Some of these distractions made yesterday a little more difficult than normal, but because of them I knew God was going to do something amazing. The worship experience was one the most powerful I’ve been involved in with Life Church Franklin and the life change stories I am hearing are very exciting. All that said, it would have been easy to miss what God was doing if I had let these distractions take my energy and focus off of Him. I was reminded of what Jesus said in the book of John. John 10:10 says, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;…” Satan doesn’t want Life Church Franklin to happen each Sunday. He doesn’t want you and I to hear God’s Word in a way that makes us change our heart and life towards the things of God. He doesn’t want you and I to worship God through song and proclaim God’s power, majesty and glory. He doesn’t want you and I to leave LCF each Sunday living a weeklong life of worship for the God who created and loves you. Satan wants to distract you. He wants to take your mind and heart off the things of God.

As those distractions came yesterday I was reminded of the second half of that verse from John 10. Jesus continues on to say “….I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”

There’s always going to be distractions in our lives to try and frustrate us and take our eyes of Jesus, but we must stop and refocus our hearts and eyes on Him and use the distractions as reminders that God is going to be faithful and many times blow us away with what He can and will do in and around us.

So, see through the distractions this week. Use them as an opportunity not to get frustrated, but to refocus your heart, eyes and mind on Him who came to bring you life and life to the fullest!

No comments: