Monday, January 4, 2010

Doing Nothing Is Not An Option

Yesterday at Life Church Franklin we had all the LifeKIDS, Host Team, A/V Team and Worship Team volunteers come up on stage with me. It was so awesome to see all the individuals and families who are volunteering at LCF. We have great participation. It was over half of the people in attendance!
As I thanked all these awesome people I showed the church our new volunteer t-shirts. They plainly say, "Doing nothing is not an option". This fits so perfectly with our volunteers attitudes. They have decided sitting on the sidelines is not enough. I've said it since we started LCF and I still mean it. I can't do everything as the pastor. Fact is, I won't do everything. That's not my call. I serve to equip others and empower them to serve others.
Our volunteers are amazing and without them LCF wouldn't happen every week. Life Groups would not be available. Our service outreach wouldn't happen. They have decided that doing nothing is not an option.
So what are you going to do? Have you decided that doing nothing is not an option for you too? God has called us to more.
"For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many." - Matthew 20:28
Learn more about volunteering at LCf this Sunday.

1 comment:

steve said...

Love this!! Doing nothing is not an option! Awesome!! Love my friends at LifeChurch Franklin...keep leading strong...I love our church!! Man can't wait to hear where you folks go in 2010!!