Thursday, January 7, 2010

Preach Boldly

I was reading in Acts 4 this morning and this verse just popped out at me:
"After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly." - Acts 4:31

This came after John, Peter and the followers of Jesus Christ were being persecuted for their faith. They prayed not that God would take away the threats and persecution but that he would give them great boldness in their sharing the Gospel message.

That really struck me. I find myself praying to just stop all the persecution that I might run across. The Acts church believers instead prayed that God would just give them more boldness in preaching the Gospel.

He's my thought: What if we all would concentrate on preaching and teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ instead of drowning in the persecution of those that come against us? You say, well I don't preach. If you love and follow Christ then you can preach the message. You can share the hope, love and salvation found in Jesus Christ.

He's the point: Be bold in sharing the Gospel truth. Be bold in pointing to Jesus. Be bold in the words you say as you speak the word of God.

No comments: