Monday, September 29, 2008

Too Busy and Baby Shower...Sort of...

Yesterday was part 3 of our current series, "You don't have what it takes". It was a good one. The theme was:
YOU ARE SO BUSY—YOU ARE OUT OF IT!

Being too busy is just not good. It's not productive. To me it's more about quality over quantity. That's easier said than done, but it's true. For those of you with a family and kids it's even tougher. My family runs from practice to practice. We have had to give things up...sacrifice, so that our kids and us could have quality time together and focus on eternal things...God things. It's not easy. It takes planning and effort to not be busy. Read Matthew 11:28-30 and let it sink in. Are you trusting this word from God? Really, are you?

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30

Baby Shower...Sort Of.
We are having a nursery/baby shower for the new church building this Thursday night from 6:30 to 7:30pm. It will be at the church buulding (398 Depot Street, Franklin, NC) We have registered at Wal-Mart different items we need for the childrens/nursery ministry. Just go tot Wal-Mart and ask for the "Life Church" registery. It will give you all the items we are in need of for this new building. I encourage you to go and see if there is something you can buy and donate. It's a small way to be able to give something to the church beyond your regular tithe. It's a very tangible way to express your support for God's work through Life Church Franklin.
Please drop in thie Thursday evening at the new building. We will also spend some time praying for specific items for our community and church. Hope to see you there.

P

View Week 3 of You Don't Have What It Takes.

No comments: