Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sunday reflections...

Sunday was a great time of worship and continued learning of what it is to pray. Chris Spradlin from the LifeChurch.tv Oklahoma City campus spoke. The talking point that stuck with me was to pray and seek God's priorities, not mine.
That's a tough one. By nature I am selfish. I think we all are in some ways. It's hard not to ask for what we deem as important. Sitting here I am reminded that how much money I make, the house I have, the clothes I wear are not really all that important to God..if at all. What's important are His things. His work. His truth and love. It's all these things and how they are poured into and out of my life. God's priorities are the eternal things.
I will be praying this simple pray this week:
"…your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven." - Matt. 6:10
Maybe this is the same prayer you need to pray?

By the way...
Happy New Year!

Patrick

No comments: