Monday, January 5, 2009

Vision 2009

Wow. That's what yesterday was. It was a Wow moment. I just have to say that I am so incredibly encouraged by the people I have already talked to since Life Church yesterday.
Taking a few moment before we heard an amazing message from Steven Furtick, I wanted to cast vision for Life Church Franklin in '09. In speaking yesterday I encouraged us to to remember that all are welcome at Life Church. I mean that. I really do. I realize it's not easy. It's not our human nature. We like comfort. We like people like us. The reality is that Jesus accepted everyone, so why don't we?
This journey to meet and build relationships with the hurting and broken will not be easy. It's a risk, but it's also an adventure. It's an adventure that can be so rewarding and fulfilling. I repeat...It won't be easy. Be it's what I am compelled to do with the love and hope I have in Jesus. I hope you will find the heart and place to do the same.
I encouraged that many of you are beginning to see the call Jesus has for you to be a shining light of His grace and mercy. I am encouraged by the willingness of many of you to stretch yourselves to see God move in a mighty way in your life.
We are fasting for 21 days starting today. I would love to hear what some of you are doing for you fast so I can pray for you.
Remember...
LOVE GOD
LOVE PEOPLE
SERVE THE WORLD

Patrick

No comments: