Monday, September 20, 2010

Around Life

- I issued a challenge to our church to join in a 3 day fast (starting today) to pray for our church, community and church leadership. The response was amazing and I pray that God is going to use these days to show, guide, teach and direct Life Church to the next level of ministry he has for our church.

- If you are joining the fast please pray specifically for these 3 areas:
1) Life Church Franklin - What is next for our church? Where is God leading us to reach out in our families, work places and community to really be the Church?
2) The Franklin Community
- There are many people in Franklin who know of Jesus Christ but few who really know him. We are going to pray God gives us the opportunity to share the Gospel of Jesus with as many people right here in Franklin as he leads us to.
3) Church Leadership - Pray for me, our staff, our volunteers and elder team. All of us take our roles very seriously and we are begging God to continue to show us how to lead and serve our church and community even more.

- I Believe In You week 2 was an awesome message. If you are a parent you need to really soak this message up and use it. We will have it posted on the church site by lunch tomorrow (Tuesday).

- Our volunteers are awesome, but they can't do it alone. We are looking for more volunteers in our LifeKIDS ministry. I don't have a total final count yet, but we had 43 kids in just 1 of the 5 classes yesterday! You can sign up here.

- We work very hard to create a welcoming and real environment for anyone to come into and hear the Gospel and be encouraged and challenged. The following comments were left on our Facebook fan page from some first time guests. I think they speak for themsleves:

"My daughter, son-in-law, their 3 kids and I (tagged along as usual ;) also attended worship service this morning for the first time at your Life Church. What a spirit-filled church and it was wonderful seeing many of my neighbors and friends there! Thanks for making us feel so welcome! We'll see you next Sunday!"

"Today was my first visit to Life Church and I'm sure it won't be my last. I have NEVER felt so welcome anywhere before! The worship service was amazing and my 10 year old son loved children's church. I truly believe that I have found my home here!! Thank you all so much!"

Praying for you!
Patrick

1 comment:

steveharrison said...

Awesome!!