Monday, November 24, 2008

Is it God or money for me?

This week we explored whether we trust in God or money. This is so stinking tough to confront. Let's face it...our lives pretty much focus around money. How much we have, how much we need, how much we want. We want a raise or new job to make more money. We want more money. We need more money. This is a struggle, myself included. It's the country we live in. It's our world. But you know, we are not of this world. We are a new person, a new being in Christ Jesus. We no longer need the things of this world to make us feel good or complete or accepted. With Christ we already are.

Craig included this word from the Bible:

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Luke 12:34

He went on to say that when you fall in love with Jesus:
- YOU BECOME STRANGELY CONTENT.
- YOU BECOME IRRATIONALLY GENEROUS.

I think God is so tired of our empty words. He wants me and you to be generous. He wants us not worrying about money 24/7, but how we are going to increase His kingdom.

I hope you were affected by this message. I know me and my family were.

Happy Thanksgiving. We all have so much to be thankful for.

Patrick

No comments: