Monday, November 17, 2008

Practical Atheist Week 2 Thoughts

Yesterday's message with our current series was :
"I BELIEVE IN GOD BUT DON’T WANT TO GO OVERBOARD"

How many of us have honestly thought or even said those words? I would say just about everyone has at some time or level of context. It's hard not too. I mean doesn't the world make it seem enticing to just rely on your money and things? The reality is that God offers so much more than this world could ever bring to the table. The problem is, are you going to ask, want, desire more and more of God everyday? Or, are you going to say you know, want and love Him but not really have your heart and soul set on Him? Here's what the scriptures say about this very thing:

The Lord says: “These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.
Isa. 29:13

God knows if you're just giving Him lip service or if your heart is really in it. If you heart desires for the things that have eternal value. You can't fool God. I can't fool God. He wants more of you than what you're giving. Are you going to step up and do it or just keep being comfortable where you're currently at?

Think about it. Pray about it. Take action.

Be blessed,
Patrick

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, Practical Atheist has been kicking my tail and penetrating my heart...one problem though, it is making me uncomfortable...that is where the Lord wants me...thinking about skipping the rest...just kidding, looking forward to the next message...blessings!