Tuesday, July 28, 2009

You're Never Ready For Everything

As the days tick by we get closer and closer to our move to the Smoky Mountain Center for Performing Arts. Each day I usually have one of those "oh, no" moments where I remember something or think I forgot something, or a combination of both.
The one thing I have learned in this short time of planting Life Church Franklin is that you are never fully prepared or ready for everything that might come. Things will come out of left field and catch you off guard or some problem will arise that you didn't expect. The biggest thing is how do you and I respond to it?
I think this totally relates to a life in chasing after God. It's not a safe planned out path. I mean, if you would have told 5 years ago that we would plant a church in Franklin, I would have just laughed. It seems the most excitement in our journeys with God are the things that just come up. Those moments where God lays something in your lap and says "Here you go". So how do we respond in those moments. Do we freak out and say no way since we aren't prepared? Or do we run with the God given dream, vision, plan God has given?
I am not saying preparation is wrong or a bad thing. I think its a smart thing to do, but when God "pops" something on us its up to us to respond and trust him.
P

No comments: