Monday, November 9, 2009

Do You Know Your Spiritual Gift?

Yesterday was week 3 of "The Ghost" series. Specifically, we heard from Craig Groeschel and what spiritual gifts are and what they are not.

This week I hope you are allowing Romans 12 (see bottom) to soak into your hearts and minds as you pray and seek to better understand those spiritual gifts God has placed on you. As I look at many of you at Life Church Franklin I see this gifts on display. The gift of kindness, giving, leading, encouraging and so much more. It is so awesome to see these gifts being used, but I also realize many are not using the gifts they have been blessed with. I am praying this week specifically for these people. If you are one, I encourage you to pray hard about this. Get in God's word and ask him to reveal your spiritual gifts.

If we can be a church that acknowledges and uses are spiritual gifts to bring fame to Jesus Christ then we will definitely see doors and opportunity to lead more people to become fully devoted followers of Christ here in Franklin and beyond.

That's the heart and vision of LCF. So, I'm praying for you this week. What is your spiritual gift? Tell someone about it and use it. I'd love to know about it too. Shoot me an email and let me know so I can be praying for you as well. franklinlifechurch@gmail.com

WHAT ARE SOME OF THE SPIRITUAL GIFTS?
6 In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out with as much faith as God has given you. 7 If your gift is serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, teach well. 8 If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly.
Romans 12:6-8 NLT

No comments: