Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Are You Good Soil?

This morning I was reading in Mark where Jesus shared another parable. He used the illustration of seed and different types of soil to get his point across. The seed is the Word of God. The soil is us. So he says some crummy soil basically don't grow the seed (Word). There's no harvest of the seed for anything spiritually beneficial.

Then in verse 20 he says this: "Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop–thirty, sixty or even a hundred times what was sown.”

So today I am asking myself, am I good soil? Do I hear the Word, accept it, receive it and produce an abundant crop? Today I am praying that I hear very clearly every moment I am in God's Word and when he speaks to me through the Holy Spirit, so that I might produce a crop that is 30, 60 or even 100 times larger to bring glory to God.

My prayer for you is that you will be that good soil too. That you would be doers of the Word. That when you hears God's truth you would bring change into your life.
Following Christ is all about changing. It about changing from our worldly thoughts to those that are honoring and glorifying to God.
So what kind of soil are you?

P

No comments: