Monday, March 2, 2009

Sunday reflections

Yesterday was an amazing message for all you married couples, but I was also amazed at the response from singles too. I received feedback that some of the singles were very encouraged and challenged by the message.
Sunday was week 2 of The Vow series. Yesterday Craig spoke about the vow of pursuit. We have focused first on the fact that God has to be out #1 and our spouse right after that at #2. Nothing should be more important than God and the only thing more important than our spouse is God.

VOW #1: I PROMISE THAT GOD WILL BE MY #1 PRIORITY AND MY SPOUSE WILL BE MY #2.
VOW #2: I PROMISE TO ALWAYS PURSUE MY TWO.

As Laurel and I are almost at our 10th year in marriage I will be vigilant in pursing her for the rest of my life. It's easy to get caught in the routine of life and get so busy you take your spouse for granted. It's easy, but its wrong. Especially us guys, we have got to do everything to continue pursing our wives. She needs us and wants us. We need to step up and commit to pursuing our wives forever and pray that God blesses her for her commitment to Him and you.

So, are you going to pursue her today? I hope you will. Don't wait, do it now.

No comments: