Monday, March 30, 2009

HIS Great Love

"But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions–it is by grace you have been saved."
- Ephesians 2:4-5

It's easy to think that the things here on earth makes us "alive". In reality, we are made "alive" through our relationship with Jesus. He gives us true and eternal life. He gives our earthly life meaning and purpose. The last few years God has given me clear purpose in my life. I feel more certain of what he wants me to do than any other time in my life. It's a amazing, crazy place to be.

In seeing this purpose he has for me, I have come to realize more and more that our goal here on earth is please Him, glorify him, honor him. It's not about what people want. It's not even about what I want (thank goodness). It's all about what God wants and pleasing him.

I hope as my days of leading and serving at Life Church people will always remember that I am here to please God and do his will. I am not here to please people. It's a hard place to be. It's very uncomfortable at times, but I more alive when I am in God's will and no one elses.

Please continue to pray for me, our leadership team, volunteer teams and Life Church as a whole. There is much to be done, especially when we are in His will.

P

No comments: