Wednesday, March 18, 2009

God Of This City - My Prayer

I have been reminded the last few days how much still remains to be done to reach more people in Franklin with the Gospel of Jesus. It is a huge burden I gladly carry every day. I pray to see people's lives restored and changed. I pray to see followers of Christ making a difference in Franklin by serving their family, friends and neighbors. I pray to see a great move of God through the people of Franklin.

Chris Tomlin's version of "God Of This City" has been a song that means so much to me. It has become an ongoing song of prayer and worship from me to God. The lyrics basically proclaim how awesome and in control God is and that there is still amazing things to come in our city. This is my prayer and worship this morning. Would you do the same today for Franklin, NC?

GOD OF THIS CITY
You’re the God of this city
You’re the King of these people
You’re the Lord of this nation
You are

You’re the light in this darkness
You’re the hope to the hopeless
You’re the peace to the restless
You are

For there is no-one like our God
There is no-one like our God

Greater things have yet to come
Greater things are still to be done
In this city
Greater things have yet to come
And greater things have still to be done here


P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love to see your heart for the people of Franklin...confident that the Lord is going to continue to burn in you and others a greater desire to 'run' after the things of Christ with great passion...LifeChurch Franklin is an encouragement to me...thanks!